Sunday, July 27, 2008

Candles and tarts

I've been making quite a bit of candles and tarts this past week. I truly enjoy making unique scents and the tarts I made this week came out quite well. I made heavily scented pumpkin patch tarts and used brown/beige colour dye blocks. I was quite glad they came out quite nicely.

Photobucket

If you notice the nice grubby grungy vase, I actually made that myself. Just find a plain vase and use Modge Podge & a mixture of unused coffee grounds. I add a bit of cinnamon into the coffee grounds. I coat the vase with Modge Podge then add the coffee grounds, making sure not to bang the vase otherwise the grounds will fall off. Wait until it dries (24 hours is good). Coat the vase with Modge Podge for a glossy finish and you have a grubby grungy vase.

I use a battery operated votive to set off a soft hue for this lamp.

Photobucket

This is the candles that I spent quite a bit of time on. I am glad they came out quite well.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Have Myelin? said...

beautiful. just beautiful!