Sunday, August 17, 2008

Rosehips, doilies & wreaths

I just love rosehips as they send off an amazing potent scent. Not only do rosehips look beautiful in so many ways, you can scatter several around candles, prims and you can make wreaths out of them with cinnamon sticks. This is what I did and the results were beautiful.

Photobucket

I took two coffee stained doilies and sewed them together to stuff the rosehips inside and this is how it turns out. Quite beautiful!

Photobucket

Coffee-staining is quite popular nowadays. I did this for all of my doilies and I just love how the results turned out. I'm not too fond of tea-staining as I don't get the results I want. Coffee-staining gives me the perfect colour I want. I do a three step process. I "marinate" the doilies in the sink with water and coffee grounds. I hang them to dry and then put them back in the sink with 1 part vinegar and 4 part water to set the stain. Hang them up to dry. Put them back in the water and add a wee drop of scented oil to get rid of the "vinegar-y" odour and hang up to dry completely.

This is what you have and they are amazing!

Photobucket

I have added a rusty collection to Purrfect Scents as I love rusty things so much. They are just good for about any room.

Photobucket

No comments: